REPLICATED/REMEDIATED OBJECT DESIGN Week 4

 Megan Janett

March 21, 2023


Making the Mould

This week I took the 3D printed model and casted a mould for it. I made a box using laser cut acrylic with one side having my half vase attached to it. I poured that half, let it sit and de-moulded it. Then with a bigger box cast the other half. 

It took me three attempts to get it right. The first time I did not use the right kind of plaster so it did not set. SO I had to dump it out and remake the mould. The second time I mixed it in the bowl for too long and it solidified too fast. It caused a passive bubble in the mould, which I tried to repair but ended up recasting in the end. Finally the third time I succeeded! Now I just wait for it to dry and can pour in the slip cast.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Definition - Megan Janett

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL WEEK 2

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL