REPLICATED/REMEDIATED OBJECT DESIGN Week 3

Megan Janett

March 13, 2023


Printing the Vase 

This week I am preparing my document to be 3D printed. This will be used as the base of my plaster mold. I had to rotate the vase a few times to ensure no edges were undercut.  Eventually I put the problem area at the back so that the form could just be pulled straight out. Before I tried to put it on the cut line and found that it would not line up, and caused a lot of undercuts since the pyramids weren't aligned vertically.



Here is is all pulled apart. In the middle of the box is the complete vase that will be printed. The two half boxes will be what the casting mold will look like. And the wired pieces on either side is to ensure there are no undercuts. 





Here’s the print!! 
It printed in about eight hours as I double walled it. It turned out really well, with only a couple breaks/holes in the mesh. Now on to the next step of casting and making the mould!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Definition - Megan Janett

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL WEEK 2

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL