REPLICATED/REMEDIATED OBJECT DESIGN

Megan Janett

February 27, 2023


Replicated Object Design 

For this project I wanted to play around with texture. When brainstorming I was playing around with repeating patterns and overlapping designs. Finally I came across a tutorial on how to make a triangle sheet texture and thought that would be cool to place on a vase. In the last project I played with abnormal shapes and twisting of the object. For this one I wanted to make it more simple, so I went with a normal cylindrical vase and wrapped a triangle texture around it. 

While messing around with it I discovered that it does not quite line up with eat other on the seam. But if I were to cut it in half would that even matter? As I could just use the same side twice or mirror it so the pattern would line up. I was messing with the depth of the triangles and how much they extended outwards from the cylinder but I could not figure out how to make it go to the depth I wanted it to. I tried changing the range on each slider to see if it would do what I want and it did to an extent. But I want it to be even more textured than it is. 

I made it slightly smaller than the bounding box so that the texture could go out further, but it is only going out a few millimetres. I may need to go and get some help during tutoring hours to figure it out.




Here they are rendered. These are similar to the colors I would like the final product to be, maybe slightly darker.









Here is my grasshopper sequence. I made the shape of my vase above and then created a triangular mesh that was then projected onto the vase. I'm not sure if its the sliders causing the issue of the triangles being too flat or if it is something else in my sequence.


Here are some tests. The pattern is not as textured as I would like it to be. I went into the tutor and we managed to figure out that one of the sliders wasn't set right. 




Some inspiration for what I wanted to do. I like the repeating patterns and textures in them. I decided to use triangles/pyramids as the shapes to manipulate and repeat.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Definition - Megan Janett

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL WEEK 2

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL