MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL

 Megan Janett

January 31, 2023


Stacked Slices Model

For this project I will be creating a model that will then be sliced into layers and cut to made a 3D model. This first week will be focused on ideation of what I'd like to create. I think it would be cool to create an abstract vase for some fake flowers I have in my room.  I'll also playa round with some abstract shapes. Then next week I will pick the one I'll fabricate and add the layers to it. As far as materials go I think I will used either wood or cardboard. I also have some matting board which I think would look cool. It is quite thin, but relatively strong. So the layers would be less chunky and closer together compared to the wood. The wood may give it a harsher, more jagged look. 


With the first two I was playing around with some more simpler forms to try and understand the program a little bit more. But it just wasn't what I was looking for. They looked too boring and uniformed. So I decided to find a different tutorial. I liked the twisted look and started to mess around with that a little bit more. Once I pick the shape I want I think I'll have to add a middle tube to hold the flowers in a more upright position. I'm not entirely sure if this step will be necessary though. I will also have to make sure everything is in the right size dimensions. 









The final two are some of my favourites. I like the twisting of the shape. I may continue to experiment a bit more with the shapes and how many twists there are. But I think it is a good starting point.  Do I need to make the thickness of the walls of the vase a factor too? Or once I split it horizontally will it just account for that?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Definition - Megan Janett

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL WEEK 2