ALGORITHMIC SURFACE MODELLING + ANIMATION

 Megan Janett

February 13, 2023


Algorithmic Surface Modelling

This week we explored algorithmic surface modelling. I chose to use a donut shape to base my design off of. It provides two surfaces that are parallel to each other for the shapes to follow along. The main issue I faced was trying to assign multiple colours to the different object in grasshopper. I knew how to do it in Rhino, but I assumed by changing the colours in the bounding box and then baking it in rhino would cause them all to change. But I guess the renderings do not transfer over. I also tried to to split the shapes and assign different colours within Rhino but that did not work either. In the end I had to just use one colour.



Here is the side animation. I really like the first part where you can see a big difference in the shape changing compared to the end where it looks busy.


Here is a top view of another animation. I like this one the best.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Definition - Megan Janett

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL WEEK 2

MILESTONE PROJECT 1: STACKED SLICES MODEL